RFR: 8224090: [PPC64] Fix SLP patterns for filling an array with double float literals

Kazunori Ogata OGATAK at jp.ibm.com
Fri May 17 05:34:20 UTC 2019

Hi,

May I get review for a webrev to fix SLP patterns that use PPC64 VSX
instructions?

We found that SLP patterns added by JDK-8208171 [1] use incorrect data
type, so the patterns have never been used. Further, the pattern for
filling -1.0 is confused with the operation for filling -1L.

This webrev fixes the pattern to fill an array with 0 to use 0.0d instead
of 0d, and removes the pattern to will with -1 because the bit pattern of
-1.0d is not easy to generate using a single VSX instruction.  It's should
be better to load the literal from TOC and use general repl2D_reg_Ex
pattern.

I also fixed some comments in "format %{ ... %}" to show correct matching
types.

Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~horii/8224090/webrev.00/

Ref:

Regards,