RFR: 8224974: Implement JEP 352

Vladimir Kozlov vladimir.kozlov at oracle.com
Wed May 29 19:49:46 UTC 2019

Hi, Andrew

I tried to test these changes and build failed on all systems except Linux because:

workspace/open/src/hotspot/share/prims/unsafe.cpp:446:3: error: use of undeclared identifier 'JNU_ThrowRuntimeException'
    JNU_ThrowRuntimeException(env, "writeback is not implemented");
    ^
workspace/open/src/hotspot/share/prims/unsafe.cpp:447:10: error: use of undeclared identifier 'IOS_THROWN'
    return IOS_THROWN;
           ^
workspace/open/src/hotspot/share/prims/unsafe.cpp:473:3: error: use of undeclared identifier 'JNU_ThrowRuntimeException'
    JNU_ThrowRuntimeException(env, "writeback sync is not implemented");
    ^
workspace/open/src/hotspot/share/prims/unsafe.cpp:474:10: error: use of undeclared identifier 'IOS_THROWN'
    return IOS_THROWN;
           ^
workspace/open/src/hotspot/share/prims/unsafe.cpp:488:3: error: use of undeclared identifier 'JNU_ThrowRuntimeException'
    JNU_ThrowRuntimeException(env, "writeback sync is not implemented");
    ^
workspace/open/src/hotspot/share/prims/unsafe.cpp:489:10: error: use of undeclared identifier 'IOS_THROWN'
    return IOS_THROWN;
Also Graal test should be fixed for new intrinsics (add them to 'toBeInvestigated' for isJDK13orHigher):

src/jdk.internal.vm.compiler/share/classes/org.graalvm.compiler.hotspot.test/src/org/graalvm/compiler/hotspot/test/CheckGraalIntrinsics.java

java.lang.AssertionError: missing Graal intrinsics for:
     jdk/internal/misc/Unsafe.writeback0(J)V
     jdk/internal/misc/Unsafe.writebackPostSync0()V
     jdk/internal/misc/Unsafe.writebackPreSync0()V
	at org.graalvm.compiler.hotspot.test.CheckGraalIntrinsics.test(CheckGraalIntrinsics.java:653)

Regards,
Vladimir