RFR: 8264795: IGV: Upgrade NetBeans platform [v2]

Roberto Castañeda Lozano rcastanedalo at openjdk.java.net
Mon Apr 12 09:09:47 UTC 2021

On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 22:39:09 GMT, Xin Liu <xliu at openjdk.org> wrote:

> Does this mean that module Filter will depend on external nashorn after jdk15?

Yes (including JDK 15).

I assume potential issues in "built-in" Nashorn are addressed in JDK 8-14 as for any other OpenJDK component. Besides, [standalone (external) Nashorn only works on JDK >= 11](https://github.com/szegedi/nashorn/wiki/Using-Nashorn-with-different-Java-versions), and I think it makes sense that IGV stills support JDK 8 for minimal disruption (this was the only JDK version supported before this upgrade).