[11u] RFR: 8247691: [aarch64] Incorrect handling of VM exceptions in C1 deopt stub/traps

Doerr, Martin martin.doerr at sap.com
Wed Jan 20 10:33:31 UTC 2021

Hi,

JDK-8247691 is backported to 11.0.11-oracle. I'd like to backport it for parity.
Change doesn't apply cleanly. I had to apply 2 parts manually:
c1_Runtime1_aarch64.cpp: The code which gets replaced by this change contains differences. I've resolved it such that it matches the new version exactly. Note that aarch64 uses DEOPTIMIZE_WHEN_PATCHING so it always deoptimizes instead of performing the patching as done by other platforms.
deoptimization.cpp: Integrated assertion manually due to unrelated context changes.

Bug:

Original change:
https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/commit/7817963c

11u backport: