RFR: JDK-8276046: codestrings.validate_vm gtest fails on ppc64, s390 [v2]

Martin Doerr mdoerr at openjdk.java.net
Wed Oct 27 09:06:33 UTC 2021

On Wed, 27 Oct 2021 09:03:03 GMT, Thomas Stuefe <stuefe at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Trivial patch to switch off the associated gtest on these platforms. PPC64 and s390 compilers don't use code strings.
>
> Thomas Stuefe has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   request aleksey

Thanks for fixing the issue! Looks ok to me, too. Aleksey's suggestion to have the platform preprocessor stuff at the beginning sounds good. Even though I don't know how this should be done. In addition, wouldn't it be better to use positive instead of negative tests for platforms which do use code strings?