RFR: 8283894: Intrinsify compress and expand bits on x86 [v10]

Jatin Bhateja jbhateja at openjdk.java.net
Sun Jun 5 14:39:18 UTC 2022

> Summary of changes:
>
> - Patch intrinsifies following newly added Java SE APIs
>   - Integer.compress
>   - Integer.expand
>   - Long.compress
>   - Long.expand
>
> - Adds C2 IR nodes and corresponding ideal transformations for new operations.
> - We see around ~10x performance speedup due to intrinsification over X86 target.
> - Adds an IR framework based test to validate newly introduced IR transformations.
>
> Kindly review and share your feedback.
>
> Best Regards,
> Jatin

Jatin Bhateja has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a merge or a rebase. The pull request now contains 16 commits:

 - 8283894: Updating literal suffixes for gtest failure on Windows.
 - Merge branch 'master' of http://github.com/openjdk/jdk into JDK-8283894
 - 8283894: Adding gtest based constant folding test case.
 - Merge branch 'master' of http://github.com/openjdk/jdk into JDK-8283894
 - Merge branch 'master' of http://github.com/openjdk/jdk into JDK-8283894
 - 8283894: Extending new IR value routines with value propagation logic.
 - 8283894: Disabling sanity test as per review suggestion.
 - Merge branch 'master' of http://github.com/openjdk/jdk into JDK-8283894
 - 8283894: Removing CompressExpandSanityTest from problem list.
 - 8283894: Updating test tag spec.
 - ... and 6 more: https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/compare/308c068b...1ad86e01

 Webrev: https://webrevs.openjdk.java.net/?repo=jdk&pr=8498&range=09
  Stats: 1133 lines in 20 files changed: 1103 ins; 18 del; 12 mod
  Fetch: git fetch https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk pull/8498/head:pull/8498