Review request: JDK-8003539 -- Minimal VM. VM doesn't react to -Dcom.sun.management and -XX:+ManagementServer

David Holmes david.holmes at oracle.com
Sun Nov 18 14:08:01 PST 2012

Hi Joe,

I think we should have utilized UNSUPPORTED_OPTION for those flags that
have to be disabled and will generate a warning (eg all the GC warnings)
- even if we have to augment the macro somewhat. Then we could have a
second macro for the vm_exit_on_initialization case (though the
distinction between a fatal error and a warning seems to be quite
arbitrary :( ).

Otherwise this change seems functionally correct, but the indentation
appears wrong for the -Dcom.sun.management change.

David