RFR: 8u40: Thread and management extension support

Mikael Gerdin mikael.gerdin at oracle.com
Thu Sep 4 06:19:24 UTC 2014

Hi Stefan,

On Wednesday 03 September 2014 16.34.06 Stefan Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please review these changes to allow thread and management extensions in
> the VM.
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sjohanss/thread-ext/webrev.00/

This looks like a pretty clean refactoring to allow further extensions with
per-thread data.

It looks like you removed a random newline in the Thread constructor and
another newline in the Thread class declaration.

thread_ext.cpp should only need two includes:
precompiled.hpp and thread_ext.hpp it does not reference anything in the
Thread class.

I've verified that the code which is moved outside INCLUDE_MANAGEMENT in
management.cpp is a clean copy.

With those small nits fixed immediately or deferred for future cleanup this
looks good to me.
/Mikael