Release store in C2 putfield

Doerr, Martin martin.doerr at sap.com
Thu Sep 4 10:00:00 UTC 2014

Hi Andrew,

the problem on IA64 is that there's no separate release memory barrier.
Issuing a full fence after every object creation is more expensive than releasing all oop stores.
This might be different on AArch64 where other memory barriers are available.
I'd appreciate a proposal how we can support both ways.

Best regards,
Martin