RFR: 8079315: UseCondCardMark broken in conjunction with CMS precleaning

Erik Österlund erik.osterlund at lnu.se
Tue Jun 2 08:17:47 UTC 2015

Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately it looks like the global_fence performance and portability
discussion led the thread to a halt.

I don¹t think a correctness patch should be held back by a discussion
about which platforms can elide the correctness fix and potentially
experience better performance. So I think we should just go for the
fencing solution for now, and discuss global_fence later if anyone is
interested and think it¹s worth doing and on which platforms it makes
sense for etc.

The suggestion with fences look good from my point of view. But I¹m only
an author.

Cheers,
/Erik