Can not find systemtap-tapset.tar.gz/hotspot stp files in OpenJDK9

Mahesh Pujari pujarimahesh_kumar at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 8 10:37:58 UTC 2015

Missed to give the changes which I had to do manually on my local machine (very very minor).
please see listing which contain links from which we can have tapsets and below steps were done from listing [2]

1. Place all files in a directy by removing ".in" extension i.e. from hotspot.stp.in to hotspot.stp
2. Remove hotspot_gc.stp.in file, as it seems the probes gc_collect_* don't exists in OpenJdk9.
3. Replace @ABS_CLIENT_LIBJVM_SO@ and @ABS_SERVER_LIBJVM_SO@ in all the files with JAVA_HOME/lib/amd64/client/libjvm.so and JAVA_HOME/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so (give complete path)
4. In file hotspot-*.stp, find the probe object__alloc (in hotspot.object_alloc) and replace $HeapWordSize with 8 if we have 64 bit or else replace with 4 if its 32 bit.

Example to run a sample with HelloWorld program as below

stap -I /opt/jdk1.9.localbuild/tapset -e 'probe hotspot.object_alloc {log(probestr)}' -c '/opt/jdk1.9.localbuild/bin/java -XX:+ExtendedDTraceProbes HelloWorld'

Note: In above example "/opt/jdk1.9.localbuild/tapset" is the location where all stp files are placed and /opt/jdk1.9.localbuild/bin/java is the build of OpenJDK9 with dtrace enabled.

[1] http://icedtea.classpath.org/hg/icedtea7/file/tip/tapset
[2] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/repo/pkgs/java-1.8.0-openjdk/systemtap-tapset.tar.gz/94ca5a45c3cb3b85c4577d0891166007/systemtap-tapset.tar.gz