RFR(M): 8086069: Adapt runtime calls to recent intrinsics to pass ints as long

Lindenmaier, Goetz goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Tue Jun 9 15:17:53 UTC 2015

Hi,

we are working on porting the recently* added intrinsics to PPC.  As these use
runtime calls, the calls must obey to the platform ABI, which requires that ints
are passed as longs.

We made a similar change in "8024342: PPC64 (part 111): Support for C calling
conventions that require 64-bit ints."  It adapts the calls if
CCallingConventionRequiresIntsAsLongs is set.

This change adapts the calls to multiplyToLen, CRC32, AES, SHA accordingly.

Please review this change.  I please need a sponsor.
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/webrevs/8086069-call_conv/webrev.01/

Best regards,
  Goetz

* i.e., added after making our initial port