RFR (L): 8046148: JEP 158 Unified JVM Logging

Ioi Lam ioi.lam at oracle.com
Tue Sep 8 20:26:58 UTC 2015

Hi Marcus,

I am eagerly waiting for this to implement a new logging feature in the
VM. How much testing has been done on this patch? I can see only two
locations where any logs are bring generated:

+    log_error(logging)("%s", errbuf);
+    log_error(logging)("Could not open log file '%s' (%s).\n", _file_name, strerror(errno));

Do you have a follow-on patch that's already in work to test the various
functionalists of the Unified JVM Logging framework? I am asking so that
I can know how much surprise to expect when I start using it.

Thanks
- Ioi