New assert(), guarantee(), fatal() and vm_exit_out_of_memory() macros.

David Lindholm david.lindholm at oracle.com
Tue Sep 29 12:58:09 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I have now pushed the new versions of the macros assert(), guarantee(),
fatal() and vm_exit_out_of_memory(). These are now variadic macros,
which means that you do not need to format the detailed error message
using err_msg() or err_msg_res(). So, for example,

guarantee(_saved_index == _index, err_msg("saved index: %d index: %d",
_saved_index, _index));

is replaced by

guarantee(_saved_index == _index, "saved index: %d index: %d",
_saved_index, _index);

I have made changes to these macros, and also removed all err_msg() and
err_msg_res() in usages of these macros. err_msg_res() is completely
removed while err_msg() is still used from other functions.

Thanks,
David