RFR: 8152711: Create a non-template Log wrapper class

Kim Barrett kim.barrett at oracle.com
Tue Apr 5 00:07:18 UTC 2016

> On Apr 4, 2016, at 8:20 AM, Stefan Karlsson <stefan.karlsson at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've created a new patch to use LogTagSets instead of function pointers:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~stefank/8152711/webrev.02.delta/
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~stefank/8152711/webrev.02/
>
> The patch is rebased against the LogTagSet enhancements in:
>
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/hotspot-dev/2016-April/022368.html
>
> I've also updated the unit tests after feedback on earlier UL patches.

A couple of minor comments.  I don't need a new webrev for these.

Otherwise, looks good.

src/share/vm/logging/logStream.inline.hpp
  81   // LogTargt(Debug, gc) log;

LogTargt => LogTarget

src/share/vm/gc/shared/gcTraceTime.inline.hpp
 137 #define INJECT_START_TAG(T1, T2, T3, T4) \

This macro is injected into all including code.  I'd prefer a name
that is tied to GCTraceTime, like GC_TRACE_TIME_INJECT_START_TAG.
Being paranoid about macro name capture is generally a good thing.