JDK 9 fails to build on MIPS

Thomas Stüfe thomas.stuefe at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 19:08:58 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On 01.12.2016 14:20, David Holmes wrote:
> > That said, given that this patch does nothing to fix the supported
> OpenJDK 9
>
> where can I find the list of supported platforms? Is zero a supported
> platform?

Well, there is that:

https://wiki.openjdk.java.net/display/Build/Supported+Build+Platforms

But this seems to be a bit outdated, I do not see arm nor the new s390
port. Should this be updated? If yes, should this be updated by the port
maintainers?

> > platforms it would have to be considered an enhancement and we are
> closed to new
> > enhancements for JDK 9. The JDK 10 repos will be opening very soon
> though,
>
> same here:
> http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/jdk9-dev/2016-September/004819.html
>
> How can these porting patches find it's way into jdk9?  I see that JEPs for
> three new hotspot ports were accepted after September.  Is this the right
> way to
> write a JEP for each zero port, or would these fixes considered for
> backporting
> into jdk9?

I always thought the point of the zero port was to just work on any
platform with a C++ compiler, and therefore does not constitute a real
porting platform. So, any error on zero for any architecture would be
handled as just a bug. I may be wrong here, so please correct me if I am
wrong.

..Thomas