RFR(S) : 8078450 : Implement consistent process for quarantine of tests

Dmitry Fazunenenko dmitry.fazunenko at oracle.com
Mon Dec 5 13:35:39 UTC 2016

Hi Igor,

Thank you for doing that long-awaited change!
The fix looks good, but I have a few minor questions/comments:

1) Have you moved all the tests which are currently @ignored to the
problem list or some of them intentionally left @ignored?

2) Copyrights

# Copyright (c) 2009, 2016, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
-->
# Copyright (c) 2016, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

3) Would you consider correction in wording:

# List of quarantined tests -- tests that should not be run by default, because
# they introduce noise in test results.
-->
# List of problematic tests -- tests that should not be run by default, because
# they may fail due to known reason. The reason (CR#) must be mandatory specified.

4) Would you consider to use the same formatting as jdk does:

compiler/codecache/stress/OverloadCompileQueueTest.java 8166554 generic-all
compiler/compilercontrol/jcmd/ClearDirectivesFileStackTest.java 8140405 generic-all
compiler/jvmci/compilerToVM/GetResolvedJavaTypeTest.java 8158860 generic-all
compiler/jvmci/compilerToVM/InvalidateInstalledCodeTest.java 8163894 generic-all
compiler/startup/SmallCodeCacheStartup.java 8134286 generic-all
compiler/tiered/LevelTransitionTest.java 8067651 generic-all
compiler/types/correctness/CorrectnessTest.java 8066173 generic-all
compiler/types/correctness/OffTest.java 8066173 generic-all
-->
compiler/codecache/stress/OverloadCompileQueueTest.java             8166554 generic-all

compiler/compilercontrol/jcmd/ClearDirectivesFileStackTest.java     8140405 generic-all

compiler/jvmci/compilerToVM/GetResolvedJavaTypeTest.java            8158860 generic-all

compiler/jvmci/compilerToVM/InvalidateInstalledCodeTest.java        8163894 generic-all

compiler/startup/SmallCodeCacheStartup.java                         8134286 generic-all

compiler/tiered/LevelTransitionTest.java                            8067651 generic-all

compiler/types/correctness/CorrectnessTest.java                     8066173 generic-all
compiler/types/correctness/OffTest.java                             8066173 generic-all

Thanks,
Dima