RFR: 8146985: Change output directory for hotspot's jtreg tests

Erik Helin erik.helin at oracle.com
Fri Jan 15 16:13:29 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have updated the patch based on feedback and comments.
hotspot/test/Makefile is now aligned with jdk/test/Makefile and now
stores the ouput from the jtreg tests in:
  <top-level>/build/<conf>/testoutput/<jtreg-group>
Since the jtreg groups are prefixed with the name of the repository,
e.g. hotspot_svc, jdk_svc, there won't be any name clashes.

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ehelin/8146985/01/

Testing:
- Running `make test-hotspot-jtreg` and verified that is uses the
  correct directory for test output.
- Running JPRT and verified that it works with the new directory name.
  Since JPRT does not use ALT_OUTPUTDIR, the output will be stored in
    build/<os>-<arch>/testoutput/<jtreg-group>
  which JPRT seems to handle just fine.

Thanks,
Erik