RFR (XS): 8147494: com/sun/management/HotSpotDiagnosticMXBean/CheckOrigin.java fails with "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: VM option 'TraceExceptions' does not exist"

Rachel Protacio rachel.protacio at oracle.com
Tue Jan 19 20:51:57 UTC 2016

Hi,

Please review this fix to the jdk test bug. The issue was that the test
initialized the now-aliased TraceExceptions flag, then looked for its
origin, but because of the aliasing, the test was failing. I substituted
a different product option, CheckJNICalls, as it is unlikely to be
converted to Unified Logging, and since it allows CheckOrigin to test
what it was meant to test.

Open webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rprotacio/8147494/

This passed local jtreg testing. I'll gladly run other testing on it
(JPRT on all platforms?) if someone would be able to give me the command
to do so!

Thanks,
Rachel