RFR(M) 8069540: Remove universal binaries support from hotspot build

Gerard Ziemski gerard.ziemski at oracle.com
Fri Jan 29 16:51:53 UTC 2016

Hi all (and especially the makefiles experts),

This fix removes support for building hotspot universal libraries on Mac OS X and simplifies the makefiles.

We are still building Mac OS X hotspot libraries as universal libraries, but with only one architecture (x86_64). The rest of JDK is built as plain single architecture libraries and there is no longer any need for this complexity (since we haven't supported 32bit platform on Mac OS X for a while now)

Bug link: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8069540
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~gziemski/8069540_jdk_rev2/
Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~gziemski/8069540_hotspot_rev2/

Testing: JPRT + RBT on all platforms.