RFR: 8146948: Add help information to log tags

Marcus Larsson marcus.larsson at oracle.com
Wed May 4 10:56:30 UTC 2016

On 05/04/2016 12:03 PM, Ioi Lam wrote:
> The changes look good to me, but maybe the bug title "Add help
> information to log tags" needs to changed?
>
> When I filed the bug, my main question was "what the heck is ihop",
> and the new output is "you can use ihop with gc+ergo", which doesn't
> really answer my question.

Fair point. I can update the title to "Enable listing of LogTagSets and
add support for LogTagSet descriptions", if no one else has a better
suggestion.

As is mentioned in the bug, the meaning of each tag depends on the
context it is used in, and so ideally there will be some tagset
description explaining the meaning of non-obvious tags.

Thanks,
Marcus