jdk9/hs is CLOSED

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Thu May 12 10:38:29 UTC 2016

On 12/05/16 10:54, Jesper Wilhelmsson wrote:
> Please note that FC only concerns enhancements and new features. jdk9/hs will
> open again once we have a clean snapshot to push and then we can push bug fixes
> all the way up to ZBB (currently planned to late October) modulo low priority
> (p4-p5) bugs that can not go in after RDP1 (early September).
>
> Sorry for the long answer, but I hope it answered your question.

Thank you.  It was very helpful.  It gives people outside Oracle a far
better idea of what all this stuff means.

Of course, any project has a schedule and I totally respect the right
of the project leads to make such decisions.  However, I have to make
my (tedious, sorry) statement that this is a community project, and
that important decisions which affect the whole community have to be
discussed or at least explained.  I have a responsibility as a member
of the Governing Board who represents the wider OpenJDK community to
keep reminding people of this.

>From a more personal point of view, the AArch64 project is working on
integrating intrinsics which are our versions of code in other ports,
particularly x86.  I don't know if simply adding these intrinsics to
ports counts as a "new feature".  In my opinion it does not.

Andrew.