RFR(S) : 8156681 : Add jtreg wrapper for hotspot gtest tests

Igor Ignatyev igor.ignatyev at oracle.com
Fri May 13 16:09:02 UTC 2016

Hey Erik,

I've updated the fix to be more readable.

webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8156681/webrev.02/
diff b/w webrev.02 and webrev.01 : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8156681-diif/webrev.01/

— Igor

> On May 13, 2016, at 10:36 AM, Erik Helin <erik.helin at oracle.com> wrote:
>
> On 2016-05-12, Igor Ignatyev wrote:
>> Jesper,
>>
>> 1st of all, thank you for review.
>>
>> unfortunately, testing in our infra reveled some problems w/ the wrapper:
>> - gtest test library can be located right in ‘test.nativepath’ or in ‘test.nativepath’/../../gtest
>> - the wrapper pass all flags to gtestLauncher including flags which are not JVM flags, gtestLauncher pass all these args to JNI_CreateJavaVM, so we fail w/ 'Unrecognized option'
>>
>> I have updated the webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev/8156681/webrev.01/
>
> I don't understand the first path. Is System.getProperty("test.nativepath") either
> "<test_image>/hotspot/jtreg/native" or "<test_image>/hotspot/gtest"? Or
> is it something else?  What do you want the final path to be?
the final path should be <test_image>/hotspot/gtest/<vm_variant>

> Is the indentation a bit off here?
>  62                 Stream.of(
>  63                         path.toString(),
>  64                         "-jdk",
>  65                         System.getProperty("test.jdk")),
>  66                 Arrays.stream(Utils.getTestJavaOpts())
>  67                       .filter(s -> s.startsWith("-X") || s.startsWith("-D")))
>
> since you always want the first three arguments, is the following a bit easier to understand?
I split that into 3 statements.