[9] RFR(S): 8156760: VM crashes if -XX:-ReduceInitialCardMarks is set

Thomas Schatzl thomas.schatzl at oracle.com
Tue May 31 11:08:38 UTC 2016

Hi Tobias,

On Mon, 2016-05-30 at 09:23 +0200, Tobias Hartmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> all tests passed (link is attached to the bug). Is everyone fine with
> the latest webrev?
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~thartmann/8156760/webrev.02/

  I would think it is good. I believe the necessary actions (card
marking) are taken with -XX:-ReduceInitialCardMarks from the comments,
in the places I would expect them. However my C2-fu is limited to
hacking together barriers, so I am honestly unable to verify that the
code in detail is correct.

Somebody more knowledgable in C2 in general needs to look at this.

If you have time, copyrights may need to be fixed up. I do not need a
re-review for that.

Thanks,
  Thomas