Java stack unwinder for Linux + gdb7.10+

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Tue May 31 14:52:53 UTC 2016

On 31/05/16 14:20, Staffan Larsen wrote:
> Adding this to the hotspot repo sounds like the way to go.
>
> I would suggest, though, that the scripts come with a comprehensive
> set of tests so that we find out when changes break the scripts. This
> would avoid the sad state that the serviceability agent is currently
> in.

Thanks for also trying it, Steffan. I am glad to hear you think it is
worth including in the repo.

I doubt that changes which break this tool will occur with any great
frequency. Even so I think an automated test suite is a necessity.

gdb does provide support for scripting automatic tests of debugger
functionality. I'll look into this to see if I can find some way of
automatically testing at least the basic functionality. However, I think
I'm probably going to need some help from the build team shoe-horning
any such tests into the build system.

regards,

Andrew Dinn