Unexplained Jumps In Response Time "Fixed" By Disabling Tiered Compilation

James Lent jlent at tivo.com
Fri May 27 13:21:45 UTC 2016

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did turn that option on.  I should have mentioned it in my original post.  There is typically some JIT activity at the time of the jump, but, no more or less than "usual" (as far as I could tell).  I was hoping to see either a lot of activity or some low level Lucene method get recompiled or made not entrant in the minute between the last "good" response time and the first "bad" response time.  I could not see a pattern.