RFR: JEP draft for Linux/s3990x port

Lindenmaier, Goetz goetz.lindenmaier at sap.com
Tue Oct 4 16:48:53 UTC 2016

Hi Vladimir,

This webrev contains all the changes to hotspot needed for the port:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr16/8166730-linuxs390-all/hotspot.wr01/

It includes
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr16/8166560-basic_s390/hotspot.wr03/
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr16/8166561-basic_C1C2_s390/webrev.01/
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~goetz/wr16/8166562-scratch_emit/webrev.01/
which are out for review. Further it includes
the one change to relocate the pc-relative instructions where we didn't open
a bug for yet, and the new s390-files.

Altogether this passed all our tests that were running on the weekend
on linuxs390.

The s390-files though are not yet fully in shape, I'm still editing them to get
rid of legacy stuff and SAP JVM specific code.  E.g. all the code guarded by
#ifdef SAPJVM  will go away in the end.

I hope to have the final versions by end of this week.

Best regards,
  Goetz.