RFR(s): 8168409 Update list of tools run by the jtreg timeouthandler

Staffan Larsen staffan.larsen at oracle.com
Fri Oct 21 07:49:56 UTC 2016

Dmitry,

I would like to avoid running SA-based tools in the timeout handler since on macOS they pop up dialogs asking for permission to attach to the process. This is problematic in our testing infrastructure. Instead, I hope we can run jhsdb on the core file that is generated.

I tried doing this automatically in the timeout handler, but could not find a simple way to do it. jhsdb requires the path to the executable and the timeout handler does not know this. Perhaps a future enhancement to the timeout handler could fix this.

/Staffan