[9] RFR(M) 8166416: [AOT] Integrate JDK build changes and launcher 'jaotc' for AOT compiler

Andrew Dinn adinn at redhat.com
Mon Oct 31 15:35:08 UTC 2016

Hi Vladimir,

On 31/10/16 11:38, Andrew Dinn wrote:
> On 28/10/16 16:52, Vladimir Kozlov wrote:
>> Thank you, Andrew, for verifying that build changes do not break AArch64.
>> But it would be nice if you can also apply Hotspot changes (revert
>> hs.make.webrev changes before that since hs.webrev have them):
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kvn/aot/hs.webrev/
>>
>> and jaotc sources (which are located in Hotspot repo):
>>
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~kvn/aot/jaotc.webrev/
>
> I tried this and found two missing changes to compiledIC_aarch64.cpp
> (basically a missing arg in each of two class to find_stub() -- see
> below for diff).
>
> However, I then ran into the problem Volker saw:
>
> Compiling 15 files for jdk.attach
> /home/adinn/openjdk/hs/hotspot/src/jdk.vm.ci/share/classes/module-info.java:40:
> error: module not found: jdk.vm.compiler
>        jdk.vm.compiler;
>              ^
> /home/adinn/openjdk/hs/hotspot/src/jdk.vm.ci/share/classes/module-info.java:43:
> error: module not found: jdk.vm.compiler
>        jdk.vm.compiler;
>
> . . .
>
> I assume fixing this second problem requires me to clone the graal-core
> repo into my tree and the apply the graal.webrev patch then rebuild.

I cloned and patched the graal-core/graal tree and then copied it into
my hotspot space as follows

  $ cp /path/to/graal-core/graal \
     /otherpath/to/hs/hotspot/src/share/classes/jdk.vm.compiler

With this and the extra tweaks to compiledCI_aarch64.cpp mentioned in
the previous reply I managed to build a slowdebug release which
successfully ran 'java Hello' and 'javac Hello.java'.

Andrew Haley is currently trying to get Graal itself to run on AArch64.
So, this is probably good enough for now to confirm the acceptability of
the hs and jaotc change sets.

regards,

Andrew Dinn