Debugging segmentation faults in the JVM on linux-powerpc

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz glaubitz at physik.fu-berlin.de
Sat Jun 10 19:52:39 UTC 2017

On 06/10/2017 09:21 PM, coleen.phillimore at oracle.com wrote:
> It looks like you're building the zero interpreter which doesn't get the same
> level support as other platforms, well, it gets actually almost no support.

Well, that's a pity being it the only processor-independent implementation.

> What I would do is create two repositories, build one without the zero options.
> Build the other with --with-build-jdk=<the just built jdk> and zero.  Debug
> zero like:

I'm not sure what you mean. I am building on linux-ppc (32-bit). There is
only the zero implementation I can use here. Btw, zero on linux-x86_64
does not show this problem.

> gunzip libjvm.diz where it is built

What's that for?

> gdb --args <path to build/jdk>java -version  (or whatever fails).

Yeah. That was the plan anyway.

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz at debian.org