RFR: 8199220: Zero build broken after 8195103 and 8191102 (was RFR: 8199220: Zero build broken)

Edward Nevill edward.nevill at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 07:51:27 UTC 2018

On Thu, 2018-03-08 at 20:10 +0100, Thomas Stüfe wrote:
> Tried to test but get build errors:
>
> /shared/projects/openjdk/jdk-hs/source/src/hotspot/share/interpreter/bytecodeInterpreter.cpp: In static member function ‘static void BytecodeInterpreter::runWithChecks(interpreterState)’:
> /shared/projects/openjdk/jdk-hs/source/src/hotspot/share/utilities/debug.hpp:44:10: error: conversion from ‘oop’ to ‘bool’ is ambiguous

Pants. The debug Zero build is also broken. The above is trivial to fix but there is more brokenness afterwards.

I won't get a chance to look at this again until after the weekend.

Could we proceed with the patch for the release build. and fix the debug build later. Or perhaps someone else might like to fix the debug build and update my patch.

BTW: The reason for the sudden interest in Zero is that I am looking at porting OpenJDK to riscv and I have an initial patch which builds OpenJDK for riscv. But that is dependant on Zero building to start with. It does seem that Zero has been lacking some TLC.

All the best,
Ed.