RFR: 8199604: Rename CardTableModRefBS to CardTableBarrierSet

Erik Österlund erik.osterlund at oracle.com
Fri Mar 16 12:17:02 UTC 2018

Hi,

After collapsing barrier sets, it seems like CardTableModRefBS is the
only barrier set that encodes "ModRef" in its name and uses the "BS"
suffix instead of spelling out "BarrierSet".

This is a weird inconsistency that I have solved by renaming
CardTableModRefBS to CardTableBarrierSet.

Files were renamed like this:
parCardTableModRefBS.cpp => cmsCardTable.cpp (this file contains a bunch
of implementations for the card table used by CMS and is in the CMS
directory)
cardTableModRefBS.cpp => cardTableBarrierSet.cpp
cardTableModRefBS.hpp => cardTableBarrierSet.hpp
cardTableModRefBS.inline.hpp => cardTableBarrierSet.inline.hpp

I have performed an automatic search and replace to rename
CardTableModRefBS to CardTableBarrierSet, and manually clicked through
everything to make sure that space alignment, comments, etc all look as
they should. I have also checked that the SA agent is not affected and
run hs-tier1 on this changeset.

Despite the fix being a bit lengthy, I would still prefer to consider it
trivial (unless somebody opposes that) as I am only renaming a class in
a rather mechanical way. Hope we can agree about that.

Webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~eosterlund/8199604/webrev.00/

Bug:

Testing: