GetPrimitiveArrayCritical vs GetByteArrayRegion: 140x slow-down using -Xcheck:jni and java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream

Ian Rogers irogers at google.com
Wed Mar 21 17:05:01 UTC 2018

Thanks for accepting these as bugs/RFEs:

"140x slow-down using -Xcheck:jni and java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream"
https://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=JDK-8199920

"Deprecate JNI critical APIs"
https://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=JDK-8199919

"Report tardy threads as potential TTSP issues"
https://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=JDK-8199921

"With -Xcheck:jni warn when a JNI critical region is "too long""
https://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=JDK-8199922

"Reduce size of JNI critical regions in JDK (for example via loop strip
mining)"
https://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=JDK-8199916

Ian