RFR: 8200232: Build failures after JDK-8200106 (Move NoSafepointVerifier out from gcLocker.hpp)

Thomas Stüfe thomas.stuefe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 19:13:01 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 8:35 PM, Aleksey Shipilev <shade at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/26/2018 08:29 PM, Thomas Stüfe wrote:
> > On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 7:31 PM, Aleksey Shipilev <shade at redhat.com
> <mailto:shade at redhat.com>> wrote:
> >     On 03/26/2018 02:48 PM, Thomas Schatzl wrote:
> >     > On Mon, 2018-03-26 at 12:36 +0200, Aleksey Shipilev wrote:
> >     >> Bug:
> >     >>   https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8200232 <
> https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8200232>
> >     >>
> >     >> Webrev:
> >     >>   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~shade/8200232/webrev.01/
> >     <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Eshade/8200232/webrev.01/>
> >     >>
> >     >> Testing: x86_32 build
> >     >>
> >     >> I only saw failures on x86_32, but maybe PPC folks see the
> breakage
> >     >> in other configs too?
> >     >
> >     >   looks good, but maybe wait for the ppc folks to comment too.
> >
> >     Yup.
> >
> >     Paging Martin Doerr? Mr. Doerr to the build clinic.
> >
> > Well, he can't, he is is out sick himself :(
> >
> > I just tested AIX, linux ppc64 and s390, all build fine (had unrelated
> build errors on AIX, but that
> > was the jdk, libjvm was successfully built). Note that we do not build
> ppc 32bit. I also did not
> > test non-pch builds.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Yeah, I wanted to see if Windows/32 and PPC/32 are affected too. Martin
> had fixed build issues there
> before, as these seem to be built by SAP routinely. I can wait a day for
> someone to look into CI and
> give a clear-go. If that does not happen, I'll push the x86_32 fix at
> least.

We do not build windows 32bit anymore, at least not for openjdk11. That was
Martins private thing over the last weeks.

We never did build ppc32 bit to my knowledge - this should be zero only,
no? Might be worth checking with Adrian, he builds zero regularly.

Anyway, I had a quick look through the sources and it seems you should fix
os_solaris_x86.cpp and os_bsd_x86.cpp too, same error there. All the other
os_xx_xx.cpp seem fine to me.

Thanks, Thomas

Thanks,