RFR (XS) 8200430: Remove JTwork and JTreport from the .hgignore files

coleen.phillimore at oracle.com coleen.phillimore at oracle.com
Fri Mar 30 11:34:40 UTC 2018

On 3/29/18 7:25 PM, Vladimir Kozlov wrote:
> On 3/29/18 4:22 PM, David Holmes wrote:
>> On 30/03/2018 1:04 AM, coleen.phillimore at oracle.com wrote:
>>> open webrev at http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coleenp/8200430.01/webrev
>>> bug link https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8200430
>>
>> I can see these were added somewhat incidentally as part of another
>> fix, but I also recall a discussion on slack about it. Why do you
>> want to remove them from .hgignore?

I remember our slack conversation said it was ok to remove them.

> Yes, why? It is useful to have them there instead of having copy of
> .hgignore  on each machine I run.

Stefan has an offlist discussion with me about this too.  Why do you
have them in your .hgignore?  I want to purge them when I say hg purge,
but I guess I can also type hg purge -all.    Is it for hg status to
find actually new files that haven't been hg added yet? That seems
useful to me also.

thanks,
Coleen

> Vladimir
>

>> FWIW I had these in my local .hgignore anyway so can always add them
>> back there.
>>
>> David
>>
>>> Tested in local repository.
>>>
>>> Thanks,