RFR: 8303040: linux PPC64le: Implementation of Foreign Function & Memory API (Preview) [v25]

Martin Doerr mdoerr at openjdk.org
Tue May 2 14:38:28 UTC 2023

On Tue, 2 May 2023 14:01:57 GMT, Jorn Vernee <jvernee at openjdk.org> wrote:

> On another note, how are you coming along with finding another reviewer? I (still) think it would be good to get someone that is familiar with PPC (particularly the ABI) as a second reviewer.

Second Review is in progress. I have merged your recent changes and all tests are passing. Your updates made my PR much smaller :-)
Do you have for more changes to wait for or would you prefer to have this PR integrated soon?

Off topic: I have read parts of the Big Endian ABI and we will need a solution for "An aggregate or union smaller than one doubleword in size is padded so that it appears in the least significant bits of the doubleword. All others are padded, if necessary, at their tail." The tail padding seems to be tricky for Big Endian as we currently access the wrong bytes. I think it could be solved by dirty hacks (shifting) in the backend, but that doesn't sound like a good solution. Do you have a good idea for that? Maybe shift or pad in Java?