RFR: 8306034: add support of virtual threads to JVMTI StopThread [v8]

Serguei Spitsyn sspitsyn at openjdk.org
Wed May 3 04:37:19 UTC 2023

On Wed, 3 May 2023 04:13:32 GMT, Chris Plummer <cjplummer at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> I feel that it is a feature in the spec to say differently in specific case vs common case.
>> It should help to understand each case better.
>> In this particular case, it can be useful to align wording with "the current frame".
>
> I can see that reasoning for "unable to throw an asynchronous exception" and "cannot be performed", but what about "the implementation" vs "the function". Can't they both be the same?

I was thinking about the same.
The problem is the spec has several variations for it:
 - function, operation, implementation...

It is hard or impossible to make this completely consistent.
But I have a doubt it is very important to polish it like this.
The spec might be boring to read if it is fully consistent. :)