RFR: 8307058: Implementation of Generational ZGC [v2]

Chris Plummer cjplummer at openjdk.org
Wed May 3 20:03:31 UTC 2023

>>> 29:  * @comment Don't allow -Xcomp or -Xint as they impact memory useage and number of iterations
>>> 30:  * @requires (vm.compMode == "Xmixed") & !(vm.gc.Z & vm.opt.final.ZGenerational)
>>
>> Seems like a bug should be filed for this failure and then problem listed. This test is a bit finicky w.r.t. the specified max heap size and how much memory ends up actually being used by the test. I can probably get it working without much of a problem.
>
> Yes, the test was finicky with the heap size. Given that the leak it tries to provoke would be provoked by other GCs as well, we didn't think it was that important to run this particular test with Generational ZGC. If you still think that we should create a Bug and ProblemList it, I'll do so.

When I first wrote this test, it ended up failing with ZGC because I hadn't tested it. I considered excluding it for the same reason you've given, but then considered that the test might expose a leak with one GC, but not others, so I decided to fix it.