RFR: 8291555: Implement alternative fast-locking scheme [v72]

Roman Kennke rkennke at openjdk.org
Fri May 5 05:56:53 UTC 2023

On Thu, 4 May 2023 22:11:56 GMT, Daniel D. Daugherty <dcubed at openjdk.org> wrote:

> I have a Tier3 test failure: https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8291555?focusedCommentId=14579239&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14579239

*sigh*

This looks relatively harmless, though. https://github.com/rkennke/jdk/commit/e5afb43cbcc1 added zapping entries and extra verification. This test is (again) coming from the single path that inspects the lock-stack of a foreign thread concurrently. When doing that, we cannot be sure to not observe zapped entries, because the foreign thread may zap as we go. It's actually surprising that we haven't seen this earlier, the change is more than a month old. Fix is to relax the test for this case. I pushed that fix, let's see if we're good now.