RFR: 8303040: linux PPC64le: Implementation of Foreign Function & Memory API (Preview) [v28]

Martin Doerr mdoerr at openjdk.org
Wed May 10 11:30:36 UTC 2023

On Tue, 9 May 2023 15:48:52 GMT, Richard Reingruber <rrich at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Martin Doerr has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>>
>>   libTestHFA: Add explicit type conversion to avoid build warning.
>
> src/hotspot/cpu/ppc/vmstorage_ppc.hpp line 81:
>
>> 79:       case T_BYTE   :
>> 80:       case T_SHORT  :
>> 81:       case T_INT    : segment_mask = REG32_MASK; break;
>
> I wonder why the segment_mask depends on `bt` on ppc?

The usage of the `segment_mask` can be defined for each platform. I'm using it to encode the information if a value on the Java side uses a 32 or 64 bit slot. In case of 32 bit values, the C side requires all 64 register bits to get defined values (ints get sign extended, floats get converted to double-precision format).