RFR: 8286597: Implement PollerProvider on AIX [v4]

Tyler Steele tsteele at openjdk.org
Wed May 10 22:39:50 UTC 2023

On Mon, 8 May 2023 17:31:12 GMT, Alan Bateman <alanb at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> That test passes. I'll take a look into the differences between the two tests.
>
> The long standing spec for SO_LINGER is "Enabling the option with a timeout of zero does a forceful close immediately". The wording isn't quite right but it is trying to say that if the timeout is set to zero then calling the close method will cause a forceful close. There are several tests that use this so there might be other failures on AIX.

The ConnectionReset test you mentioned was very helpful. Comparing the pass there with the failure in `testSocketReadPeerClose2` led me to a better fix. I believe the test failure actually had to do with the order in which the close, and setSoLinger methods were being executed. With the recent change this test is passing.