RFR: 8307806: Rename Atomic::fetch_and_add and friends [v2]

Kim Barrett kbarrett at openjdk.org
Fri May 12 09:00:52 UTC 2023

On Wed, 10 May 2023 13:48:52 GMT, Kim Barrett <kbarrett at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Please review this renaming of Atomic::fetch_and_add and friends to be
>> consistent with the naming convention recently chosen for atomic bitops.  That
>> is, make the following name changes for class Atomic and it's implementation:
>>
>> - fetch_and_add => fetch_then_add
>> - add_and_fetch => add_then_fetch
>>
>> Testing:
>> mach5 tier1-3
>> GHA testing
>
> Kim Barrett has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional commit since the last revision:
>
>   revert accidental Red Hat copyright change

I've merged after the genzgc integration (there were a couple of simple conflicts, where I took the new code but
applied the renaming to it).  I then searched for and renamed some "new" occurrences of fetch_and_add (some
were in gc/x).  So not a completely trivial merge.  Reran mach5 tier1-3.
@stefank and @dholmes-ora - still okay?