RFR: JDK-8302736: Major performance regression in Math.log on aarch64

Joseph D. Darcy joe.darcy at oracle.com
Mon May 15 20:37:31 UTC 2023

There hasn't been any performance tuning of the FDLIBM methods so I
wouldn't propose retiring the intrinsics. (And the intrinsics might also
be more accurate than the FDLIBM algorithms.)

I wanted to send the prior comment to point out that Math vs StrictMath
performance ratios would be different on JDK 21 vs 20 and earlier releases.

-Joe