RFR: 8307365: JvmtiStressModule hit SIGSEGV in JvmtiEventControllerPrivate::recompute_thread_enabled [v2]

Patricio Chilano Mateo pchilanomate at openjdk.org
Tue May 16 21:35:46 UTC 2023

On Tue, 16 May 2023 21:00:35 GMT, Leonid Mesnik <lmesnik at openjdk.org> wrote:

> > > The changes looks good. Just small suggestion. Any reasons why didn't add the test?
> >

> > Thanks for the review Leonid! I guess I think about this test as too contrived to expose this particular bug and might not be that useful otherwise. But I'm not sure what the policy is about adding reproducer tests.
>
> Our policy is to include all regression test/cases/examples which could be implemented as jtreg tests. A lot of regression tests cover some specific bugs and corner cases. It is pretty fine. You could exclude the test from tier1 if feel that we don't need. to run it every time. But generally, any test coverage improvements are very welcome.

The only thing about the repro is that as I wrote in the bug comments it needs a specific artificial delay inside the vm to make it crash. Without it I couldn't reproduce it, at least running the test locally. Maybe running it several times in mach5 will show some crashes. That's why I also doubt if this test will actually be useful. But do you think it's still worth it to add it?