RFR: 8308283: Build failure with gcc 13.1.0

Jie Fu jiefu at openjdk.org
Wed May 17 23:08:48 UTC 2023

On Wed, 17 May 2023 18:49:44 GMT, Phil Race <prr at openjdk.org> wrote:

> This is a duplicate of https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8307210

I don't think so since it also fixes the build broken due to `-Werror=infinite-recursion`.
Actually, `-Werror=infinite-recursion` was first introduced in GCC12.
So the build will also fail with GCC12.

> Please check for existing reports before creating a new bug. We already plan to fix this before we officially upgrade to 13.1, until then you just disable the warning.

I think it's fine to just disable the warning before you have cycles to fix it since it's a third-party code.
Now part of our testing machines had been upgrade to GCC13 so it would be good to fix it as soon as possible.
Thanks.