RFR: 8303040: linux PPC64le: Implementation of Foreign Function & Memory API (Preview) [v31]

Martin Doerr mdoerr at openjdk.org
Mon May 22 13:38:04 UTC 2023

On Mon, 22 May 2023 13:29:14 GMT, Richard Reingruber <rrich at openjdk.org> wrote:

>> That would be better to read, but would make the PPC64 CallArranger dependent on the current CABI.
>> Note that there are tests which use
>>
>> import jdk.internal.foreign.abi.aarch64.CallArranger;
>> CallArranger.LINUX.getBindings(mt, fd, false);
>>
>> for example. The tests are designed to run on all platforms.
>
>> That would be better to read, but would make the PPC64 CallArranger dependent on the current CABI. Note that there are tests which use
>>
>> ```
>> import jdk.internal.foreign.abi.aarch64.CallArranger;
>> CallArranger.LINUX.getBindings(mt, fd, false);
>> ```
>>
>> for example. The tests are designed to run on all platforms.
>
> I see, thanks. Would be nice to have some for PPC64 too :)

Probably, yes. I didn't find time for figuring out what would be useful tests. We could still add some in the future or with the big endian port.
Another idea: Would the following be better?
`final boolean useABIv2 = (this.getClass() == ABIv2CallArranger.class);`
That would also allow getting rid of the method `useABIv2()`.