RFR: JDK-8287061: Support for rematerializing scalar replaced objects participating in allocation merges [v13]

Vladimir Ivanov vlivanov at openjdk.org
Tue May 23 17:15:07 UTC 2023

On Tue, 23 May 2023 16:36:32 GMT, Cesar Soares Lucas <cslucas at openjdk.org> wrote:

>  Are you suggesting to implement it as ScopeDesc::is_root(ScopeValue* sv) and the body of the method would just check if the sv is referenced in locals/expressions/monitor? Did I get it right?

I didn't propose exactly that, but I like your idea. I'm not against having it cached on `ScopeValue` side (and serialized in debug info), but implementing it as a query on `ScopeDesc` does look like a better alternative. (If it turns out to matter from performance POV, the check can be then turned into an assert and the cached value is used.)

Maybe call it `ScopeDesc::has_reference_to(ScopeValue* sv)` then.