RFR: 8309044: Replace NULL with nullptr, final sweep of hotspot code

Stefan Karlsson stefank at openjdk.org
Mon May 29 15:45:04 UTC 2023

On Mon, 29 May 2023 10:09:15 GMT, Johan Sjölen <jsjolen at openjdk.org> wrote:

> A final sweep of Hotspot to remove all re-added NULLs. With only 110 changes I'd appreciate if this was considered trivial.

Looks good. Though, I'd prefer if we could slightly tweak the following two print lines.

src/hotspot/share/gc/z/zHeap.cpp line 383:

> 381:
> 382:   if (addr == zaddress::null) {
> 383:     st->print_raw_cr("NULL");

I'd prefer if this were left as either NULL or null.

src/hotspot/share/gc/z/zHeap.cpp line 438:

> 436:
> 437:   if (addr == zaddress::null) {
> 438:     st->print_raw_cr("nullptr");

I'd prefer if this were left as either NULL or null.

Marked as reviewed by stefank (Reviewer).

PR Review: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14198#pullrequestreview-1449662288
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14198#discussion_r1209421642
PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/14198#discussion_r1209421699