hotspot-gc-use Digest, Vol 46, Issue 9

Srinivas Ramakrishna ysr1729 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 21:26:43 UTC 2011

As of sometime ago the only way to control G1 initiation was indeed via
this flag, and
in fact G1 did not ergonomically kick off a collection based on other
factors (such as
promotion rate) like CMS does. This may or may not have changed in the last
two
months, but someone like John Cuthbertson or Tony Printezis would know for
sure.

-- ramki