Allocating memory off the heap and stack,

Dang Nhan Nguyen nhann at chalmers.se
Wed Feb 23 09:29:54 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

I am perform some testing coding in JCM GC and want to allocate some dynamic memory which is not in the heap (so that GC won't reclaim it during GC collection) nor stack. My program need to allocation memory for an object of class A.
Can I create class A that can use memory for its object off the heap and stack?
Which allocation class should I derive for my class?

By the way, could you please explain what is Arena memory area and ResourceObj? (in memory allocation memory/allocation.hpp)

Thank you,
/Nhan Nguyen